Banyana Banyana had their first training session on Tuesday, (22 June 2021) as they commenced preparations for the friendly international clash against the Netherlands, which will be played next weekend (Satuday, 3 July 2021) in Zwolle, Netherlands.
All the players have reported for national team duty, except Netherlands-based striker Ode Fulutudilu who will meet the team when they arrive in that country on Tuesday, 29 June.
Head Coach Desiree Ellis has been forced to make a change – bringing in Ntombifikile Ndlovu from Sunflower WFC, for the injured Kgaelebane Mohlakoana of Bloemfontein Celtic.
This brings to two the number of players selected from the Sasol League – Ndlovu and her teammate Ongeziwe Ndlangisa.
Here’s Ellis giving an update about the camp:
Updated BANYANA BANYANA SQUAD TO FACE NETHERLANDS
- Andile DLAMINI Mamelodi Sundowns FC Pretoria
- Kaylin SWART JVW FC Johannesburg
- Regirl NGOBENI University of Western Cape Cape Town
- Janine VAN WYK Glasgow City Scotland
- Tiisetso MAKHUBELA Tshwane University of Pretoria Pretoria
- Noko MATLOU SD Eibar Spain
- Bambanani MBANE Mamelodi Sundowns FC Pretoria
- Karabo DHLAMINI University of Western Ohio Ohio, USA
- Bongeka GAMEDE University of Western Cape Cape Town
- NTOMBIFIKILE NDLOVU Sunflower WFC KZN
- Ongeziwe NDLANGISA Sunflower WFC KZN
- Oratile MOKWENA Mamelodi Sundowns FC Pretoria
- Mamello MAKHABANE JVW FC Johannesburg
- Nomvula KGOALE Tshwane University of Pretoria Pretoria
- Robyn MOODALY JVW FC Johannesburg
- Noxolo CESANE University of Western Cape Cape Town
- Gabriela SALGADO JVW FC Johannesburg
- Thembi KGATLANA SD Eibar Spain
- Jermaine SEOPOSENWE Sporting Braga Portugal
- Lelona DAWETI Mamelodi Sundowns FC Pretoria
- Ode FULUTUDILU Glasgow City Scotland
- Sibulele HOLWENI University of Western Cape Cape Town